Thursday 1 February 2007


I spent a day in the village of Pari, in Tuscany, with Dr. David Peat, his wife Maureen, his daughter Eleanor and various artists and writers who were staying in the village at the time. The village is a pristine, medieval, Tuscan hilltop of great beauty that has been David Peat’s refuge and inspiration since 1996. I went to see Pari in the hope that it could host our European Master Classes since we will soon have ten or more Enterprise Facilitators in training in the UK. The village came to my attention after receiving an email by David Peat who is writing a book on “Gentle Action”. Maggie Calloway, author of “the Energetics of Business” had spent some time in Pari while writing her book and had given David a copy of my book “Ripples”. David tracked me down and very soon we were making plans to meet. Doctor Peat has a PH.D. in physics and has been described as “one of the most interesting and innovative thinkers today”. He is an eclectic writer who has authored twenty books, but what fascinated me was his interest in people, especially in thinkers who are stretching the boundary of our understanding: from quantum physics to art, from music to consciousness.

And yes, the village could host our Master Classes. I can already see our trainees sitting in the garden behind the “palazzo” at the top of Pari, among the trees, and looking down at the valley below. While in Pari I sampled the food and the local wine and I can report that they may be a problem…some Enterprise Facilitators may decide to stay in Pari never to go back to the UK. After all thats what happened to our Liverpudlian David Peat!

Dr. Ernesto Sirolli

Visit the Pari Centre on the Web

No comments: